Student Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What if I feel upset during or after the survey and need to talk to someone? 

Our survey asked you to tell us about your thoughts, feelings, actions, and experiences.

The questions we asked in this survey were not a test and there are no right or wrong answers. 

However, sometimes, the types of questions asked might make you think about things that make you upset. 

If this happens, there is always someone you can talk to about this.

  • If you are at school, you can go to your teacher, principal, school counsellor or school chaplain.
  • If you are at home, you can talk to your parents/carers.
  • Or, if you would like to talk to somebody else who cares for children but doesn’t know you personally, you can call Kids Helpline (1800 551 800), which is a free call from your home phone, a payphone, and even a mobile phone.

Remember too, that if you would like some more information about our study, you can visit our study website or contact the NSW Child Development Study toll-free helpline on 1800 901 922.